Code of Folding Carton Design Styles
It allows users to explore and visualise the most commonly-used folding carton design styles and upload their own customised designs. It also provides a full explanation of the new coding system for carton design styles and provides access to other relevant industry reference standards. After the previous (hard copy) editions published in 1967, 1978 and 1992, the digital edition of the ECMA Code offers its users the following innovations:
- The ECMA designs of 1992 have been completely revised and updated.
- A new, 8-digit coding system has been developed allowing for more parameters to be included (a conversion table listing the old, 4 digit design codes with their corresponding new code number has been incorporated).
- Drawing symbols for lines have been introduced and set-up methods are specified (manual, automatic or –a combination of- both)
- Users of the system can view an animation of the folding sequence of the most commonly used ECMA design styles
- The interactive interface allows them to browse and search the catalogue by type of carton and market segment.
- All generic design drawings can be exported in a CAD-CAM-friendly format.
- Additionally, users can conveniently upload their own specific carton designs into the application to customise the application to their own needs
- At any point in the system, users can conveniently switch from one language to 5 others.
- The application contains an electronic library of relevant carton related industry reference standards in pdf format.
These features and more make this digital version of the standard an exceptional tool for promotional and educational purposes that should be part of the toolkit of any carton maker, packaging designer or product manager!
Currently we are in the process of updating the digital programme of the ECMA Folding Carton Design Styles. The programme is therefore not available and cannot be purchased at this moment. This also applies for the demo version.
Unfortunately we cannot give you an exact date yet but as soon as the update is finished and the programme is made available again we will inform you through this page of the ECMA website.