European Carton Excellence Award 2018
Cartonboard packaging is making gains worldwide. Successful solutions made of cartonboard are defining the future in virtually all areas. Not only is cartonboard one of the most sustainable materials, it is also one of the best in communicating brand values, whether that be for luxury brands or everyday goods. Established over 20 years ago, the Carton Excellence Award is Europe’s most prestigious award for cartonboard packaging.
Entry is now closed!
The finalists will be published in August and the winners will be announced during the ECMA Annual Congress in Riga.
The awards are divided into nine different categories, plus the ultimate accolade of Carton of the Year. In addition, the consumer will also be able to cast their votes to select the winner of the Public Award.
NEW this year:
We have revised the categories to reflect the market better and to recognise structural creativity as much as the packs’ aesthetic qualities. We want to showcase the best carton packaging produced on both recycled and virgin board.
- Dry Foods & Beverages (including tea, coffee, soft drinks, beer & wine)
- Frozen & Chilled Foods
- Fast/Convenience Food (including paper cups)
- Confectionery Luxury Goods (e.g. spirits & sparkling wine, beauty care, gifting)
- Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
- Save the Planet: packs that have made a significant contribution to helping the environment
- Innovative Material: newly developed cartonboard or paper based substrate
Plus the two overall awards:
- Carton of the Year
- and the Public Award