PRO CARTON ECMA AWARD 2015 – THE FINALISTS!
Numerous participants highlighted how other materials could be replaced by cartonboard. Especially striking were some of the developments in structural design, which opened new areas of use and market segments. Many of the packaging entries promoted interaction – functional, playful, communicating.
Under the chairmanship of Satkar Gidda (SiebertHead, Design), the jury welcomed two new top level judges: Lotte Krekels of Carrefour and her experience in the retail trade, and Susanne Lippitsch who added her expertise in structural design. The jury was complemented by two representatives of the branded goods industry – Stan Akkermans (Mars) and Wilfried Duivenvoorden (Unilever). Peter Klein Sprokkelhorst acted as consultant to the jury for the technical refinement of the entries.
The jury was particularly impressed by the entries in the categories “Beauty & Cosmetics” and “Food”, together with convincing ideas in other categories which had never been seen in this form. Many successful examples demonstrated that good design need not necessarily be complicated. “If an outstanding concept is in harmony with the needs of production, distribution, the trade and, above all, the consumer, then we see really powerful solutions”, says chairman Satkar Gidda.
Here is an overview of the finalists in the seven main categories from which the winners in the categories will be chosen, together with the “Carton of the Year“and the awards “Most Innovative” and “Sustainability”. Images and brief information on all finalists is available at www.procarton.com :
Beauty & Cosmetics
- Natural luxury: ambuja
- Elegant look: HYALURON cosmetic series
- Double message: K.T.K Skincare
- Intricate refinement: Lace Rose Box
- All things round: Müller Soft Star Tissue
- New branding: Fancy beermats
- Christmas with a “wow”: Glenmorangie Festive Year-End-Carton
- Elegant quality: Nardini Grappa e Distillati
- Family connection: YO Syrup Carton Sleeve
- Tradition and modernity: Cadbury Heroes & Roses
- Playful carton: Gems Play Pack
- Combined pleasure: Hofbauer & Schlumberger Collection
- For those special hours: Kägi Classic Minis
- Holistic prefection: Endocare Tensage Concentrate +
- Inner values: Multipack for Clinical Trials
- Kiddy fun without limits: tetesept
- Elegant safety: Zeramex
- Light pleasure: Apetit Ruoka
- Striking elegance: Boffard Intenso
- Appetising: Fazer Alku new mill products
- New thinking: Free-range eggs García Puente
- Big effect: Knorr Main Course
- Slim and healthy: Spar Vital crunchy fruit
- Art of living: Davidoff Black GlideTec (for Armenia)
- The well-feel factor: ITEM m6
- Natural look: Para’Kito™ presentation packaging
- Clear profile: Shower-head packaging, Bath shower-head kit packaging
- Perfect connection: Hybric Tray – Auchan salads
- Crispy classic: It’s Just … My Box of Great British Fish & Chips
- Compact convenience: Menu Box for Air Lines
- Pure nature: Vario-Tray for round fruits
The Winners will be announced and celebrated at the Award Gala on September, 10th at the ECMA Congress in Bucharest. At midnight all results will be published on www.procarton.com: with short videos of the jury’s discussions on the individual categories, with print-ready images and comments by the jury as well as the success stories.
Tell us your personal favourites of the Pro Carton ECMA Award: just send an E-mail to email@example.com. Three winners will be drawn from all correct entries and receive the carton including content!